Loresco type SC-3® is a dust-free product and according to EPA extraction tests, is extremely pure and complies with regulations governing buried products. Utilizing a modified industrial standard method for testing permeability (API RP-27), SC-3® will mitigate fluid interchange between aquifers.
Loresco SC-3® is produced specifically for cathodic protection applications using an exclusive multi-step process. First, a high quality base carbon with desired characteristics is selected. Next, this carbon is calcined to a minimum temperature of 1250° C under exacting and controlled standards. This step results in semi-graphitized carbon particles with excellent conductivity. Then to further improve bulk conductivity, the surfaces of the individual particles are modified to enhance the contact conductance. This breakthrough in surface alteration ensures maximum electronic current transfer with positive anode contact. Finally a specially formulated surfactant is added to reduce particle surface tension for compact settling under water.
SC-3 Features & Characteristics:
- All particles surface modified for maximum electrical conductivity.
- Base materials are calcined under ISO 9002 quality control.
- Surfactants are added to assist pumping and settling.
- No de-dusting oils are used during the manufacture of base particles.
- Bulk Density 1185kg/cubic metre
- Available in 22.7kg bags (50 to a pallet) AESC3P or 1000 bulk bags AESC3B.
- Specifically designed for buried impressed currentanode systems to lower resistivity & create a moreeffective, longer lasting and efficient system.
- All surface particles are manufactured tomaximise their electrical conductivity.