The Solid-State Decoupler (SSD) uses proven, solid-state construction, but with new production and packaging techniques, the innovation of the SSD line adds value by lowering the cost of applying protection products to industry. With ratings for AC fault current and lightning, and the ability to pass steady-state AC current, the device outperforms other technologies such as metal oxide varistors, gapped arrestors, and polarization cells. A major application of the SSD is in acting as a Ground Mat Decoupler, by separating grounding mats from pipelines (to improve cathodic protection) while still providing over-voltage protection for workers.
- Compact, lightweight package.
- Range of AC Fault Ratings.
- Higher Blocking Voltage than Polarization Cells.
- UL and C-UL Listed for Grounding Electrical Equipment.
- UL, C-UL Listed for Class I, Division 2 Locations.
- Certified by UL/Demko for Meeting ATEX Directive for Zone 2, CE Marked.
- Submersible Design.
- Improves cathodic protection system performance
- Safely ground dangerous events such as lightning and AC faults
- Rugged products with a low failure rate (statistically zero at .005%)
- Maintenance free design saves long-term cost
- Extensive third party product certifications and Dairyland’s ISO 9001:2015 certification ensure quality performance
- Reliable customer service and technical support